TrackIR Enhanced Functionality
TrackIR in enhanced mode in Jane's F/A-18 is 2DOF only, meaning the view can only be rotated in pitch (up/down) and yaw (left/right) axes. This means you can look around the cockpit from a fixed virtual head position, but you cannot move the virtual head or zoom the view. To enable TrackIR capability, use the TSH Manager and check the Enable TrackIR box on the Other Settings tab.
Enabling Enhanced Mode TrackIR in the TSH Manager
TrackIR and TrackIR 2
Users that own original TrackIR or TrackIR 2 units should use v3.13 Naturalpoint software, available for download here. Once the software is installed, a Naturalpoint registry entry must be modified to achieve full range of motion.
- Close the Naturalpoint software if it is running.
- Open the Start menu and select "Run..."
- Type "regedit" and press Enter.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NaturalPoint\NaturalPoint\V3.13 GX.
- Scroll the right portion of the window down to "Viewlimiting".
- Double-click on "Viewlimiting".
- TrackIR users: change the value from 0 to 1 and press OK.
- TrackIR 2 users: change the value from 1 to 3 and press OK.
- Close the registry editor.
Before starting Jane's F/A-18, start the Naturalpoint software and put it in enhanced mode (the default mouse/enhanced toggle is F8). The blue light on the TrackIR unit should be on.
TrackIR 3, TrackIR 3 PRO, and TrackIR 4 PRO
Users that own a TrackIR 3, a TrackIR 3 PRO, or a TrackIR 4 PRO should use the latest Naturalpoint software, available here. Please update your games list to ensure it includes Jane's F/A-18. Before starting Jane's F/A-18, start the Naturalpoint software. The blue light on the TrackIR unit should come on when the sim is started.