Creating Custom Movies For Campaigns
Due to the proprietary video format used in Jane's F/A-18, creating custom movies requires a multi-step process. However, these movies can be played in Jane's F/A-18 campaigns if TSHv3 or higher is installed. An overview of the process is below.
- Save the video to uncompressed AVI format.
- Extract the audio from the video.
- Compress the AVI using the DLL used by Jane's F/A-18, without audio.
- Compress the extracted audio to XA format.
- Convert the compressed AVI plus the XA audio into a DivX file containing video only and a WVE file containing audio only. The new DLL used by TSHv3 or higher will combine the files on-the-fly in-game when playing new videos.
- Next >>